Advanced Marketing Management
The objective of this course is to prepare students to read and understand the literatures and the stimulate new research interests in the field of marketing.
- Marketing - Basics, Present day importance of marketing in national and global context; Consumer Behaviour - Decision Makint Perspectives, Improving the judgement process, Models of consumer behaviour; Marketing Information System - Marketing Research System and Marketing Decision Support System.
- Research Methods in Marketing - Quantitative and Qualitative Research in Marketing, Attitude Measurement and Scaling Techniques, Product Research, Test Marketing, Advertising Research, Media Research, Motivation Research.
- Strategic Marketing - Custimer, Competitor and Environmental Analysis; SWOT Analysis, BCG Framework model, Porter's Model, GE Model, McKinsey Model, Market Leader, Challenger, Follower and Nicher Strategies; Market Entry/Exit Decision; Marketing Mix Strategies; Sustaining Competitive Advantage and Core Competence.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Retail Merchandising - Retailers' Marketing Mix, Product Merchandising and Display, Vendor Relations, Pricing and Mark Downs, e-retailing, Customer Relationship Management - Customer Life Time Value Customer Acquisition Development and Retention, Brand and Customer Equity.
- Entrepreneurial Marketing - New Venture Initiation, Low budget or no budget Market Research, Alternatives to high cost advertising. Multinational Marketing - Overseas Market Research, Legal Dimensions of Multinational Marketing, New Techniques, The Social Impact of Marketing - Social Impact Analysis.
- Kotler, P., Marketing Management; Analysis, Planning, Implementation and Control, New Delhi, MacMillan
- Schiffman, L.G. and Kanuk, L.L., Consumer Behaviour, New Delhi, PHI.
- Belch, G.E. & Belch, M.A., Introduction to Advertising and Promotion, Chicago, Irwin.
- Porter, M.E., Competitive Advantage : Creating, Sustaining Superior Performance, New York, Free Press.
- Keegan, W., Global Marketing Management, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, PHI.
- Levy, M & Barton, A.W., Retailing Management, Irwin, London.